The Learning Calendar is Costa Rica’s largest source for sustainability education and wellness events. Visit the all new RegeneraVida platform to see or add events, or connect with a larger community of people passionate about living well.
Learning Calendar: Costa Rica
- This event has passed.
February 8, 2019 - February 15, 2019
Activate the Imaginal World
Awaiting Within You
February 8-15th, 2019
Finca Morpho is honored to unite once more these inspiring educators and facilitators from many walks of life with years of practice in their respective fields. Each carries essential teachings, tools and experience from a place of personal purpose. Collaboratively and with compassionate understanding, they guide our individual processes as we playfully perform our roles in a collective transformation of the world we inhabit together.Our host farm is located in the second most biodiverse place on the planet. On the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica we find ourselves immersed in the primal energies of the jungle, moved by the tidal rhythms of the ocean, and awed by the simple yet majestic life lived in harmony with nature.
Metamorphosis Gathering is a substance free event, this is important for maintaining a coherent field within which to connect and relate to each other deeply and authentically.
Prepare Yourself for a Life Changing Experience
Throughout this retreat we reference the life cycle of a butterfly as our blueprint and roadmap for design and navigation of our transformation.
- Nature provides the pattern, we observe and learn, then scale our growth in harmony with the existing flow. By applying this framework to our life we align and integrate with the cycles of earth, the universe, and ALL life.
Our journey begins before you arrive so the first day onsite we simply land, acculturating to this new environment and energies by creating our space then connecting at opening ceremony. The second day is egg stage with workshops and activities that set conditions to hatch and summon the strength to break out. Day three crawls us through the caterpillar stage; the period where we consume information, practice skills, and develop habits to overcome environmental challenges. We go inward on the fourth day for better understanding and patience by working through the Chrysalis/Pupa stage.
Upon becoming a butterfly on day five, we take time for adjusting to our new form and comforting the transition of creating. Day six we are ready to fly! It’s time to take wing, show the world what we have become and find our ‘flutter’ by connecting to collaborative networks that correspond to our uniqueness. We conclude by collecting ourselves, exchanging with others, and giving gratitude for all we have received and released.
Gather in The Living Library for creative expression activities, or at The Resource Center to repurpose and upcycle the materials awaiting new life. Every night has space for you at The Sacred Fire or The Beach Platform with authentic relating and acoustic music jams, then we ‘amp’ it up after closing ceremony in celebration with sacred visual presentation and performance of Yaima.
Estimated Time for Each Learning Track
- 10 hours: Personal Flow Design
- 2 hours: Equine-Assisted Therapy
- 10 hours: Embodied Movement Practices
- 10 hours: Authentic Relating Games
- 5 hours: FeedForward sessions
- 4 hours: Ceremonial Council
- 4 hours: Live Music
- 1 hour each: 1-1 mentoring sessions
This provides 40 Hours of Facilitated / Guided Programming over the course of 6 Days, leaving another 72 hours of daylight spaciousness for private journaling, storytelling with new friends.
The sun rises and sets between 5 and 6 every morning and night, all year long in Costa Rica. And the jungle rises and rests early too, as do we, so quiet hours and dreaming times are asked to be respected.
Mentors and Guides
- Zach Towne-Smith – Personal Life Flow Design
- Maria Sarina Viveki Manzione & Jody Nixon – Equine Facilitated Learning
- River Langford – Authentic Relating
- Sophia Ocean – Self Expression through Body and Sound
- Danielle Bellavita (Gennety) – Natural Information Systems
- Bryan Arturo – Regenerative & Resilient Leadership
- Yaima – Live Musical Performance and Dance Celebration
Accommodations & Rates (more info at NuMundo)
- General Admission (BYOG) – $444
- Shared Cabin – $777 only 15 spots available
- Private Cabin – $1888 only 1 available
- Shared Glamping – $610 30 spots available
- Private Glamping – $1597 only 5 tents available
- Scholarship – $5 (only 5 available. Email your written essay about why this is for you and your current life direction to us: [email protected])
Looking to bring your experience to event production at Finca Morpho?
Community learning calendar created and maintained by Upward Spirals.
We want to make your events more successful and make them available to larger audiences. This helps us get closer to our objectives of improving the efficacy of environmental improvement projects, and maximizing the reach of actionable sustainability information.
Learn more about our mission to empower people to use resources more efficiently so that natural systems can sustain all life abundantly.