The Learning Calendar is Costa Rica’s largest source for sustainability education and wellness events. Visit the all new RegeneraVida platform to see or add events, or connect with a larger community of people passionate about living well.
Learning Calendar: Costa Rica
- This event has passed.
Functional Power Yoga 200hr Yoga Teacher Training – Finca Mia
July 10, 2019 - July 25, 2019
Functional Power Yoga is a powerful and skillful integrative practice designed by Pablo Lucero in co-creation with Sarah Taggart, rooted in the ancient philosophies of Yoga, Ancestral Indigenous Healing Arts and Functional Movement Methodologies. Our mission is to explore and celebrate all that is aligned with divine consciousness through physical, mental and spiritual practices in constant self-discovery and realization.
FPY is a physically intense, internally focused alignment-based practice with a functional approach to asanas (poses), movement and life. Hatha, Vinyasa Power Yoga, Functional Movement and Magnificence are tools used to awaken your inner power, recondition your body’s natural vitality and reclaim your highest potential.
Master your life to create the optimal human experience and live in balance and fulfillment, in harmony and equanimity with all.
• Alignment Based Power Yoga classes (ALL LEVELS)
• Concentration and contemplation classes
• Yoga Alliance International Certification upon completion
• 15-day single and shared occupancy accommodation
• Daily vegan/vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner
• Learn sequencing methods
• Sequencing for specialized classes
• Comprehensive asana yoga teacher training manual
• Mythology and Philosophy
• The Art of Theming and Dharma
• Learn hands on adjusting & assisting
• Chakras, Mudras, Mantras & Bandhas
• Pranayama (Breathing Techniques)
• Projecting your voice
FUNCTIONAL POWER YOGA
• Introduction to Functional Power Yoga philosophy
• Introduction to Functional Movement and Mobility
• Primal Movements knowledge and understanding
• Learn General & Refined Functional Alignment Instructions
• Mobility, Therapeutics and healing techniques
• Intelligent stretching techniques
• Discover your true authentic self
• Live in purpose, intuitively, happy and free
• Develop and strengthen your personal wellbeing practice
• Practice and discover ways to transform your life
• Discover your truth, offering and mission.
• Develop a spiritual lifestyle, live life as a moving meditation
• Creating space for personal practice, ritual and ceremony
• Yoga of Business
• Marketing & Branding
• Teaching groups, privates, corporate, workshops & retreats
GET READY, SET, GO…
• Teaching Final Exam
• Final Written Exam
STUDY AND RESEARCH SOURCES REQUIREMENTS
• Light on Yoga, The Bible of Modern Yoga
• Hatha Yoga Pradapika by Swami Muktibodhananda
• The Yoga Sutras (any translation)
• Becoming a supple leopard by Kelly Starett
• 6:00am Morning Practice
• 7:30am Breakfast
• 8:00am Lecture and study
• 1:00pm Lunch
• 2:00pm Lecture, study & practice teach
• 6:30pm Dinner
• 7:30pm Lights out
• YOGA – Hatha, Anusara, Vinyasa Power Yoga
• FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT – Mobility
• MAGNIFICENCE – Contemplation and Realization
Community learning calendar created and maintained by Upward Spirals.
We want to make your events more successful and make them available to larger audiences. This helps us get closer to our objectives of improving the efficacy of environmental improvement projects, and maximizing the reach of actionable sustainability information.
Learn more about our mission to empower people to use resources more efficiently so that natural systems can sustain all life abundantly.