The Learning Calendar is Costa Rica’s largest source for sustainability education and wellness events. Visit the all new RegeneraVida platform to see or add events, or connect with a larger community of people passionate about living well.
Learning Calendar: Costa Rica
- This event has passed.
Begin Again Retreat
January 8, 2015 - January 14, 2015
Our whole winter was made SO much more enjoyable by this lovely trip to Costa Rican summertime. Truly, best January ever.
The food!?! Locally grown, organic, delicious – felt like SUCH a boost to our health just to eat the amazing food! The green everywhere you turn! The beauty of nature!!! The time to just be! Just what the doctor ordered, especially in January! We spent a few extra days at the beach before heading to the mountain retreat center, and highly recommend it if you can take the time.
Registration is now open!!!
$1295 early bird price
$1495 after August 15th
Your tuition includes:
- The full Begin Again Retreat
- 6 nights lodging (1/8-1/14)
- 3 exquisite, healthy, organic meals daily starting with Thursday dinner and ending with Wednesday lunch. (truly amazing food!)
- a guided hike to nearby waterfalls and hot springs
- The lodging is based on double occupancy. There is the option to upgrade to a solo cabin for an additional $200 per week.
- Does not include airfare.
- transportation to/from SJO-Finca Mia can be arranged for you at $80/trip
- hotel arrangements can be made for you in San Jose if desired
Enjoy ample free time for
- hiking in the beautiful cloud forest
- dipping your feet in the refreshing and lovely Rio Talari
- soaking in natural hot springs
- taking in the inspiring views and abundant fresh air
- hanging out in a hammock enjoying your own company
- seeing amazing birds and other wildlife
- resting, playing, exploring, and maybe even taking a tour of a local chocolatier’s place
- and time to enjoy, as poet Mary Oliver writes, being idle and being blessed
We will provide guidance daily in
- Awareness Through Movement lessons to help you feel great and move better every day
- Restorative Yoga practice to deeply rest and nourish your bodymind
- Guided Meditation in mornings and evenings
- Embodied Inquiry practices
- Guided Self-reflection and journaling prompts
- A fresh way of setting intentions for 2015
- and of course, lots of wonderful heart-touching poetry woven throughout
Space is limited to just 18 people.
Would you like one of these spots?
Community learning calendar created and maintained by Upward Spirals.
We want to make your events more successful and make them available to larger audiences. This helps us get closer to our objectives of improving the efficacy of environmental improvement projects, and maximizing the reach of actionable sustainability information.
Learn more about our mission to empower people to use resources more efficiently so that natural systems can sustain all life abundantly.