• Class Description:
Join CHIRRIPOSA and LEONARDO CORDERO at FINCA MIA for a 7 Day Ayurvedic Cleanse and Cooking Workshop along with daily yoga practice and activities.
Welcome in the 2015 New Year on a high… amongst the breathtaking surroundings of the CHIRRIPO MOUNTAIN in COSTA RICA.
A detoxification and purification retreat through ayurveda and yoga.
This retreat focuses on teaching and practicing a set of techniques that will allow the individual to cleanse the body and the mind. After the retreat, you will be able to repeat the process as needed in your own home.
• Teacher Bios:
LEONARDO CORDERO is an ayurvedic spiritual healer, who specialises in body, mind and soul detoxification through ayurveda and yoga. Leonardo is the Author of ‘Ayurveda – Science of Purification’, a simple manual to learn how to deeply cleanse the body and the mind. He runs detoxification retreats in Costa Rica and abroad. He has a successful practice, offering private deep detoxification and purification retreats, and spiritual healings, where he focuses on cleansing the mind and energy as well as Ayurvedic Therapy that focuses on their personal condition.
YOGA: Leonardo’s current practice includes the development of traditional styles of yoga, such as Hatha Yoga with Natahsa van der Dijs from the school and Kriya Yoga from Babaji Maharaj, Lahiri Mahasaja, Sri Yuketswar, Paramahansa Yogananda and Guruji Krishna Yogananda (1 year); Ayurvedic Yoga (4 years); Kundalini Yoga (1 year), Anusara Yoga (5 years) and Ashtanga Yoga (2 years and counting). He has over 750 hours of Yoga Training.
- 1 night accommodation and dinner in San José
- Private bus Transfer from San José to the Chirripó Mountains
- 7 nights accommodation at Finca Mia
- All meals and refreshments
- Course on Ayurvedic living with personal evaluation and diet guidance
- Cooking lessons
- Ayurvedic detox cleanse
- Enema bag, oils, and detox supplies
- Daily 2 hour yoga sessions
- Visit to the botanical gardens, hot springs and nearby waterfalls
- 5% added staff gratuity
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- International flights
- Additional optional activities, services & excursions
ITINERARY and PROGRAMME:
- Ayurvedic Yoga (focused on what people bring each day).
- Daily Meditation practice.
- Daily Pranayama practice.
- Specialy prepared food that allows the body to detoxify quicker, preventing any side effects.
- Particular Ayurvedic preparation to draw the toxins to the GI Tract for adequate removal.
- Personalized daily follow up for the participants as needed.
- Easy intestinal washes.
- Liver Flushes.
- The individual can expect a deep sense of cleansing and connection to themselves after the retreat. During the retreat, they might feel tired and some emotions might arise as the cleansing progresses. Some may vomit and they will have many easy bowel movements. Other things may arise… but that is why I am there…you have nothing to worry about whatsoever!
- Therapies such as Ayurvedic Massage and Liberation Healings are available for an additional cost ($75 per session 1-1.5 hours).
It is suggested that people prepare for the cleanse with a simpler diet, for at least 5 days before the retreat and to reduce or remove the use of caffeine. If possible it would be great if people could remove the use of medications, since it is required to cleanse the liver. Any dietary supplements will also have to be suspended during the retreat.
Finca Mia is nestled along the Rio Tilari whose headwaters originate on Costa Rica’s tallest peak, majestic Mount Chirripo (13,500 feet elevation at its peak). The elevation of Finca Mia (4000 ft) has the perfect climate…cool nights and warm days, surrounded by lush forest. With extremely clean water and pure air, the small pueblo nearby offers basic amenities. Our retreat center is wonderfully secluded from the hoards of tourists.
Spend your days on beautiful Rio Tilari for sunbathing and a refreshing swim. It is a welcome respite from the heat and humidity of Costa Rica’s beaches. The beach is approximately 90 minutes drive away.
Finca Mia is approximately a three hour drive south of San Jose International Airport. Shuttle service for airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged upon your arrival.