We have created a training which provides a balance between the focused discipline of studying Thai Massage and the rejuvenating spirit of a tropical vacation. This intensive is for all bodyworkers who would like to deepen their bodywork, further their understanding of the body, learn how to maintain the health of their own bodies while giving massage, receive good bodywork, and fire up new inspiration for their massage practice.
This is a 45-hour ncbtmb and THAI certified training packed full of refined, therapeutic massage techniques, and self-rejuvenating exercises (yoga, swimming, surfing, Chi Kung, swinging in a hammock, etc..). Join us!
* Body Assessment
– Where is congested energy being held?
– In what order must areas be opened?
– What type of bodywork is appropriate for this individual?
* Sensing energy & following sen lines.
– Feel revolting muscles vs surrendering muscles.
– Determine how deeply you can work and how to direct the energy.
* Using the breath. – Learn to evaulate breath patterns and how to coach an optimal breath.
– Remove surface tension in preparation for deep work.
– Approach multiple layers of tension; How much can be worked in each session?
-Subtle hand and foot variations to create dramatic effects.
– Practice slowing down. Letting go of a prescribed, timed sequence and replacing it with feeling and following the energy.
-“Clean-up”. How to finish up a session after working deeply.
* Using props, straps, various body parts, and appropriate body mechanics to maximize effect and minimize physical effort.
– Recognize how each body may need to be supported differently.
– Support your body with a simple strap system so you can easily use your feet, knees, elbows, sitz bones and body weight.
– Minimize muscular effort so you can feel nurtured by your massage career for a lifetime. Practice getting out of your own way and working less.
* Specific and unique therapeutic techniques. We will cater the week around the ailments and interests of the students. We want to make it as useful as possible for you. Chris has endless tricks, techniques, and info to share so we take your requests– neck work, for example– and then practice several different ways to approach that area so each student can find the approach that works best for them.
**Christopher’s extensive practice and passion with therapeutic Thai Massage has allowed him to discover numerous subtle, powerful techniques for coaxing muscles and energy to release. He shares a unique Thai Massage style that focuses on using the breath, long compressions, keen presence, and a strap system for supporting the therapist. Christopher has a special ability to help people release chronic physical and emotional ailments, and he abundantly shares the knowledge, tricks, and techniques for doing so.
This detailed sense of body mechanics can not be found in any book. This class will help you sense a body and energy more deeply, and will enhance your existing practice in numerous ways.
Not so sure about this strap system you’re seeing here? No problem! We have had many table massage therapists and yoga instructors who have gratefully applied the theories and techniques to their practices without the use of straps.
Explore the work in a beautiful, nurturing environment…
The forests and waters of Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula are teeming with life. We think of it as being able to hang out in an oxygen bar. Our bodies respond to the warmth and oxygen by softening and opening.
The food is fresh and nourishing, the ocean is deeply cleansing, and the nurturing embrace of Mother Earth is potent. It’s a great environment for delving into body, mind, and spirit.
Two of your guides for the week…
* Christopher Ray is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. (#451538-11) and is registered by Thai Healing Alliance International (THAI) as a Thai Therapist and Instructor.
Chris has been exploring massage & bodywork for the past 22 years, focusing on Traditional Therapeutic Thai Massage for the past 15. He has worked with many masters in Thailand, and has developed a unique, masterful style of bodywork which is deeply transformative. Christopher’s patient, thorough style of 3 to 5-hour sessions has allowed him to explore deeply into how congestion and energy move and function in the body. Chris began teaching ten years ago, sharing his detailed sense of body and energy mechanics, as well as his clear, heart-based approach to life. He is passionate about assisting people in opening up their bodies, remembering their true potential, and embracing life with authenticity, love, and joy.
* Kate Lewandowski is a registered yoga teacher, enthusiastic dancer and teacher, landscaper, Qi Kung practitioner, bodyworker, ex-veterinarian, and cosmic traveler. She thrives on balancing and supporting the highest potential of all those around her. She is also the nuts-n-bolts organizer of this team who holds the container for the magic to unfold. Together, their skills balance and synergize to create exuberant classes that provide life changing information in a fun, comprehendible way.
Details for the left side of your brain…
The training cost of $1950 (tent) or $2100 (cabina) includes:
- 8 nights of lodging at the beautiful eco lodge, Ojo del Mar. Lodging options include a private platform tent or a shared cabina. Please see Ojo’s website for photos and descriptions of each.
- 3 tasty, nourishing meals per day (from dinner on the 1st through breakfast on the 9th)
- Transportation from Puerto Jimenez to Ojo del Mar. This is 30-40 minute taxi ride down a scenic, dirt road.
- Tuition for 7 full days of instruction. Christopher and Kate go over the top to give you their full attention. They intend to share as much as possible and want you to have a full, rewarding experience. You benefit from the fact that they are both over-achievers. Class size maximum is 14 people to ensure quality. We are happy to connect you with previous participants if you would like to hear their perspective.
- A 4-hour guided river, waterfall, and jungle hike.
- A thorough manual to take home with you.
What is not included:
- Transportation to San Jose, Costa Rica
- Transportation from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez. This cost varies from $25 (all day bus ride) to $120 (1-hr flight). Again, see Ojo’s website for more details.
- Incidentals such as tips for staff, and wine or beer at dinner.
- If you would like to bring a friend or loved one with you who will not be attending the training, their cost will be $900 (tent) or $1050 (cabina). There are endless activities for them to enjoy while you are exploring bodywork.
A $500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required to hold your space. Please secure personal travel insurance if you have any concerns.
Payments can be made via PayPal (see link below), personal check, or money order. Full payment is required 30 days prior to the start of the training. (January 1st)
Click the button below to reserve your space.
We look forward to assisting you in opening doors of opportunity and discovery,
and sharing one of our favorite places on the earth with you.
Lots of love to you and Mama Earth & Waters,
— Christopher & Kate