Yoga Style: Sadhana Yoga
We teach Sadhana Yoga- The Yoga of Spiritual Practice including Vinyasa and Hatha Flows
Our approach is contemporary and eclectic. We bring to life the ancient teachings of yoga through accessible spiritual lessons.
- Learn to teach two sequences: Vinyasa and Hatha flows
- Daily practice of Pranayama
- Understand many different Meditation Techniques
- Yoga Anatomy & Physiology for yoga teachers
- In depth study of select Yoga Sutras
- Understanding of the history of yoga
- Focus on integrating Yoga into your life through daily Spiritual Lessons
- Introduction to The Business of Yoga
- Improved personal yoga practice
- Art of Teaching Workshops
- Regular peer-teaching starting day one.
- You will be qualified to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200).
- Practicing yoga while listening to the soothing ocean waves (ujayi!)
- 3 Gourmet jungle vegetarian meals per day, mostly organic & local!
- Located in a jungle wildlife refuge, with pristine nature viewing and hiking opportunities
- Incredible variety of medicinal jungle herbs and fruits (over 200 varieties of fruits are grown on the property!)
- Raw foods workshop, with many raw culinary choices throughout the training
- Herbal Medicine Workshop
- Sustainable Living Practices and Intro to Permaculture Sessions
- Beautiful beaches to swim, play, surf, relax
- Experiencing Pura Vida!
Guided group meditation starts at 6:30am and is followed by yoga class. A Daily yoga lesson on theory and philosophy is weaved into the yoga asana practice and applied to our daily living. Yoga lectures cover yoga philosophy, yoga theory, yogic living, yoga diet, yoga anatomy, yoga and business, meditation, kriyas, and yogic healing. Permaculture lectures on soils, composing, seeding, fermentation and eco building will prepare the group for some hands-on permaculture projects. Daily Satsang (wise gatherings) in the evening allow the group to contemplate and reflect on our sadhana (spiritual practice) for the day.
Julia Jiya Randall:
Jiya is a deeply spiritual leader who roots her teaching in the healing energy of nature. She has worked with SchoolYoga Institute for several years, sharing yoga across the continents, and is a source of dedicated guidance and inspiration. Jiya specializes in alternative health, bringing in a range of practices including energy healing, herbology, personal therapy, massage and nutrition. Her teaching invites students to explore their own, unique unfolding, through profound awareness of and trust in the wisdom of the Self.
Since a young age, Jessi has studied dance and creative movement. Yoga found Jessi seven years ago, and since her first RYT200 teacher training in 2008, Jessi has led retreats and workshops throughout the States, Guatemala, Mexico, and Costa Rica. She completed her RYT500 hour certification in 2012 and is now an RYT facilitator in several countries for School Yoga Institute. Jessi teaches a Vinyasa based practice to combine elements of dance and natural movement with traditional yogic sequencing. She is grateful for the journey and to share movement of bliss with others along the way.
Jessi lives and teaches in Guatemala, where she also founded JUSTA, a holistic network that connects indigenous artisans, global designers, and projects that promote self-sustaining development, creative expression, and holistic empowerment within family and community
Born to a hippie woodsman and an indigenous seer, Jed’s roots run deep in the streams of earth knowledge. A middle child of four brothers, he spent his childhood playing in the clean cold streams of southern Oregon, building forts among the sacred cedars. His character serene like the old-growth firs he in the Kalamiopsis wilderness behind his house: charred by fire, growing sweeter and stronger through tragedy yet inclined toward victory.
Upon graduating from Illinois Valley High School as valedictorian, ASB president, and a 3x state wrestling champion he went to Oregon State University where he continued his search. As a NCAA Division I wrestler he flourished through a relentless work ethic and driving longing for realization, becoming the Pac-10 newcomer of the year and a perennial national competitor.
Earning a minor in Philosophy and a Masters Degree in Exercise and Sport Science, he was the recipient of numerous prestigious awards. En route to his teaching degree the universe orchestrated one of the most magical, synchronistic meetings of his lifetime: his soulmate Keri!
It was also in college that he began practicing yoga. Here he found a crystallization of his spiritual values and his life purpose. Studying under Sujita Sklenar, after a few years he began subbing for her classes. Moving to the southern Mendocino coast, with his soon to be wife, Jed spent the next six years teaching Physical Education, Health, and other subjects at Point Arena High School. There he also led spiritual flow yoga classes twice a week, became an avid surfer and was blessed with the birth of his two sons. In the summer of 2009 he took a pilgrimage to rediscover the ancient knowledge of his ancestors in Peru, while transforming his practice through studying with Vedantin in his 200 and 500-hour School Yoga Institute teacher training courses.
Delving into the shamanic realms, in 2011 he finished his 1000-Hr and facilitator SYI trainings. His mystical epic soul journey continues today as he spends time back at home in southern Oregon working on various organic permaculture gardening projects, when not travelling the world facilitating Teacher Training Courses with the SYI. As a follower of the Mayan Tzolkin and 13 moon calendars, Jed embodies Cib/Ajmac (vulture/condor/owl) and the Blue Resonant Monkey, respectively. A peaceful warrior letting his life emerge through humor, paradox and change, his motto has become: ‘shine love n’ light’.
Emanating out from the moment of formlessness the flower of life is the pattern of creation he follows. Passionate about embodying the shift back toward the galactic center—the Divine feminine—Jed practices holding space, seeing through illusion, and recognizing the one in all, whether studying crop circles, drawing sacred geometry, practicing yoga, playing devotional music, raising his precious family or surfing voluptuous waves.
Who: This Yoga Teacher Training Course is designed for prospective participants who fit any one or more of the following criteria:
- Foundation yoga teacher training course for people who are interested in pursuing RYT 200 hours level and become a certified yoga teacher. No prior experience needed.
- Individuals who have a long-standing yoga practice and who are interested in exploring the deeper practice of yoga incorporated with healing arts.
Typical Day During the Costa Rica Yoga Teacher Training
6:00-9:00 Guided Meditation/Pranayama/Asana
10:00-12:00 Ancient Wisdom and Yoga Anatomy
12:00-1:00 lunch and snack on your own (small portion please)
1:00-2:00 Healing Art
2:00-5:00 Art of Teaching and Alignment
5:00-7:00 Dinner and Self Sadhana
7:00-8:30 Ceremony and Satsang (Healing practice, kirtan, and reflection)
8:30-10:00 Quiet Time
Prerequisites for the Costa Rica Yoga Instructor Course
Our only requirement is that participants set an intention to devote their time and energy to make the course a success. The course is open to people with any amount of yoga background.
Before the Program: We also suggest that after enrolling in the course, that people complete the following:
1. Asana–We provide two videos of the flows that we teach. Practice teach flow at least twice before coming to the program. We will cover these flows in detail during the course, and it is great to be familiar with them.
After the Program:
1. Teaching–Teach 5 yoga classes and write reflections of them after complete the course.
2. Spiritual Reflection–Read a spiritual book and write a written reflection.
All work should be submitted to us electronically after the program.
Every five year you are asked to join one of our 3-5 day Teacher Reunion Retreat (of course you can come every year if so desire) at our Mystical yoga farm parts of the world, even online program.
Required Texts for the Costa Rica Yoga Certification
- SchoolYoga Institute Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Yoga Sutra by Dennis Hill
$2,400 tuition for the comprehensive 200-hr Yoga Certification Course.
Food and Lodging
- Room and Board Package: $1300 at Punta Mona ($50 per night for extra nights)
- Housekeeping: bedding will be washed once a week during the training
- Getting to Punta Mona: Remember that once you arrive at San Jose (SJO) International airport it is still a half day journey to the farm!! For detailed information see: www.puntamona.org/getting-punta-mona
- Extra costs for day off activities (eg: Surfing equipment, Kayaking, Snorkling, Guided Hikes/Herb Walks, Spanish lessons)
- Transportation to the farm by boat at the beginning and end of the training will be free. However, if you desire to leave the farm by boat during the training the rate is $50 each way for 5 or less people, with 5 or more people the rate is $10 per person.
- Our yoga deck is steps away from the beach and comfortably accommodates 18-20
Questions and More Information
Cell: 541 231 8163